Steam-Punk Inspired Cyborg
Steam-punk is used to describe Victorian sci-fi, similar to character style in City of Lost Children and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The appliance was made with urethane foam from a cast of Cat’s face and a sculpt and mold. I also wired a light up eye to complete the effect.
Step by Step:
- Secure electronic light up eye over Cat’s with medical tape
- Apply prosthetic with Telesis 5 adhesive
- Airbrush appliance with Dura Copper, Silver, Emerald, and Black colors
- Airbrush Dura Old Bruise around prosthetic onto skin
- Airbrush S/B Porcelain onto face
- Airbrush S/B Pink Pearl onto highlight areas
- Airbrush a mixture of S/B Violet and Pink Pearl onto eyelid, cheek, and lips
- Finish with S/B Airbrow hand applied and eyeliner pencil
- Turn on eye light!
Brian Kinney, Guest Blogger & Makeup FX Artist Working in Hollywood