TEMPTU PRO’s Top 10 Makeup Musts for Mature Skin
We’ve had a lot of fans ask for tips on applying makeup to mature skin. We turned to our resident TEMPTU PRO airbrush makeup artists Shannon and Adrian for their top 10 Makeup Musts for Mature Skin.
1. Make sure the skin is well moisturized. A more cream based moisturizer tends to work best. We love Embryolisse’s Lait Creme Concentre (24 HOUR MIRACLE CREAM).
2. When priming the skin, make sure you choose a primer that will help fill in fine lines and wrinkles, such as a silicone based primer. TEMPTU PRO’s S/B Primer is the perfect solution for priming mature skin.
3. Stay away from makeup with a lot of iridescence or shimmer. Matte colors look better on mature skin.
4. Choose a sheer water-based or silicone foundation/concealer. For all-day wear our S/B formula is ideal. For an ultra matte finish nothing beats our AQUA makeup. It’s a favorite for on-air talent at Fox News™, CNN™, and ABC™.
5. Do not apply heavy cream makeup because it has the tendency to settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Apply makeup in layers to achieve the ultimate coverage you desire. Do not put on too much makeup all at once. This will cause the makeup to look cakey and heavy.
7. Remember to pat areas that may need more blending (such as the under eye area). Make sure you are not pulling the skin.
8. Set foundation with a light powder. Our Invisible Difference Finishing Powder is perfect for creating a photo finish look that minimizes pores without adding weight. Make sure you take the texture, and finish of the skin into consideration before applying powder. Powder can have the tendency to accentuate lines.
9. When doing lips, stick with lip pencils. This will insure that your color doesn’t bleed into lines around the mouth.
10. For the perfect all-day wear, pay attention to makeup creasing around eye and lip area. Blend out any collected makeup with a sponge, brush, or your finger.