May 5, 2011 12:30 PM
It’s wedding season! How do we end up making one of the happiest events of our lives into one of the most stressful ones? This month TEMPTU is here to help you take some of the stress out of bridal beauty. With so much to do in order to get ready for your big day, it’s easy to forget to take care of your skin. Let’s face it ladies (no pun intended) your skin is the most important thing you’ll wear on your wedding day, so starting today let’s take care of it! We’ve set up a big day beauty countdown to help you out.
5-6 Months Before: Give your skin some love
- Now is the time to start a skin regimen! Cleanse, moisturize, pile on the spf, and don’t even think about sleeping in your makeup.
- If you are battling any skin problems (eeek acne), you should start seeing a dermatologist about six months before your wedding. Your skin will need the time to adjust to a new regimen, and your body to any new medications.
- If you are looking to feel pampered, an aesthetician at your local spa can provide a laundry list of beauty treatments to help you. You’ll want to start these visitations six months prior as well-and don’t dare get a facial within ten days of your wedding.
3-4 Months Before: It’s appointment time
- If you don’t have a regular makeup artist, you’ll want to set up beauty consultation appointments. Consider your wedding theme, what features you want to stand out, makeup wearability, and make sure not only to bring but also take pictures!
- For the DIY beauty brides, it’s time to begin your makeup research. You’ll need the time to play with different makeup brands and how they look and react to your skin. Sephora or your local department store beauty counter is a great place to start. You don’t want to experiment too close to the big day just in case you break out.
1-2 Months Before: Now is the time to TRY
- Meet with your makeup artist for a trial run.
- If you plan on getting bronzed before the big day, a trial application is key. Be specific about the level of color you’re hoping for. Remember to err on the side of sunkissed — it’s better to be barely bronzed than overly orange.
- Ever consider having your eyebrows professionally shaped? Now’s the perfect time to try it!
- Been dying to try a new facial or at home mask? Try it, try it, try it!!
2 Weeks Before: Keep it up
- Exfoliate and moisturize. Keep to your beauty routine!
- Drink lots of water to help keep your skin clear and glowing.
- Confirm big-day beauty appointments.
1 Week Before: Shape up
- Time for your final eyebrow shaping!
- Get a final facial. Don’t wait until the day before to do this. Your face may need a day or two to get back to normal.
- During the days before the wedding, steer clear of too much salty food, which can cause eyes to look swollen.
- Drink lots of water. That’s right LOTS!
- Exfoliate your skin (with a product you’ve used before…now is NOT the time to try something new) so it gleams on your wedding day.
On Your Wedding Day: YAY!
- Get your hair and makeup done. Wear a robe that matches the color of your gown, to get the right makeup color application. And don’t forget to enjoy your big day!