August 11, 2011 12:27 PM
From the regal Red Carpet to a delicious Red Velvet cupcake, there’s just something about the color red that grabs our attention. These days, we’ve been noticing ravishing red eye makeup on tons of our favorite celebs and models alike. Now this red hot eye makeup trend isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if you’re feeling a little adventurous we’ll show you how to rock the Red Eye Makeup trend the right way!
What to Look for in a Red Eye Shadow:
- Base your red shadow hues according to what will flatter your skin tone best
- If you have darker skin, try using rusty reds, warm plums and saturated crimsons to naturally suit your skin tone
- For lighter skin, look for berry magentas and rosy pinks to illuminate your look
- Always go for a pigmented red eye shadow for a richer color and texture
Now that you know your ideal Red Shadow Shade, it’s time to apply! Here’s How:
- If your embracing your wild side shoot for a full on red eye makeup look by concentrating the shadow on either your top or bottom lash line.
- For a smoky bold look try mixing in another daring dark shadow in the inner or outer corner of your
- If the smoky look isn’t your scene, try a shimmery rouge hue for an iridescent look that’ll be sure to turn some heads.
- A more subtle approach to this Red Eye Makeup trend is to simply rock some red eyeliner! A hint of red liner will be sure to spice up your go-to eye shadow look. Simply apply a red line above the lash line, while applying a dark kohl liner on your lower waterline. With a dab of mascara you’ll be smokin’ red hot!
So are you ready to make this red eye makeup trend your own, or do would you rather leave it for the runway?